Answered By: Pamela Perry Last Updated: Sep 28, 2018 Views: 51
Currently enrolled MiraCosta College (MCC) students in good standing (i.e. no library fees or overdue materials) who have completed the Library Technology User Agreement may borrow the Library laptops for in-library use or 7-day checkout.
- A valid MiraCosta ID or some form of government-issued picture ID (plus SURF ID#) is required for all laptop checkouts. No exceptions will be made.
- Only one laptop may be checked out per user.
- Laptops may be checked out for in-library use or 7-day checkout. The 7-day checkout is currently only available at Oceanside. Laptops designated as in-library use only may not be removed from the 2nd floor of the Oceanside campus library, from Rm. 136 at the CLC, or from the San Elijo campus Hub building.
- The loan period for in-library use laptops is 3 hours with no renewals. Laptops available for 7-day checkout are also not renewable. Students will need to wait 24 hours before they can re-checkout a laptop and/or hotspot.
- In-library use laptops must be returned to Library Circulation Desk staff 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Laptops are lent on a first-come, first-served basis. Holds may not be placed on laptops.
Click here for more details about the Laptop Use Policy.