Answered By: Pamela Perry Last Updated: Feb 18, 2016 Views: 203
Yes, the EBSCOhost database contains many ebooks that can be checked out for 2 days and downloaded to your computer.
Note: In order to download eBooks, you must have Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher installed on your computer. This is a free download available at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html.
To checkout and download eBooks to your computer:
- Search EBSCOhost for eBook titles of interest.
- Select the book that you would like to read by clicking on “Download (Offline)” in the result list.
- If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you will be prompted to do so. You will be asked to Sign In to My EBSCOhost or to Create a new Account.
- If you do not have an account, you must create a personal account with EBSCOhost in order to download the ebook. The registration only takes a minute. You can use whatever user ID and password you want (Do NOT use your SURF ID & password here.)
- Click Checkout & Download.
- Note: For some titles, you may see the option to select either the PDF or ePub format for an eBook. Either is fine to choose.
- A File Download box should automatically open, giving you the option to select “Open” or Save”.
- If you Open the file, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions.
- If you Save the file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
- Another option is to click Cancel from the resulting dialog box. The eBook will be added to Checkouts area of the folder (top right of screen) and can be downloaded at a later time.
- Your checkout will expire two days after you download it. You do not need to do anything to check it back in.
If you are using a tablet or smart phone, please access the support center at EBSCOhost.
Apple devices: Downloading EBSCO eBooks to read on an Apple Device