Answered By: Alexandra Doyle Bauer Last Updated: Jan 02, 2015 Views: 38
The eBooks we have in the Library collection at MiraCosta are free to use in the library and off-campus, from any other computer as long as you have your SURF ID and Password.
The EBSCOhost database contains many ebooks that can be checked out for 2 days and downloaded to your computer.
There are a number of steps involved:
- You must have Adobe Digital Editions in order to download to your desktop. You may get a free copy of the software at Adobe® Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher is required for offline viewing.
- Click on the box that says Download This eBook
- You will be asked to Sign In to My EBSCOhost or to Create a new Account. You must first create a personal account with EBSCOhost before you can download the ebook. The registration only takes a minute. Do NOT use your SURF ID & password here.
- The checkout period is 2 days. Click on the Checkout and Download button.
- When you download the ebook, it should open in Adobe Digital Editions. If you save the downloaded book as a file, when you do open it, it should open in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Your checkout will expire two days after you download it. You do not need to do anything to check it back in.
If you are using a tablet or smart phone, please access the support center at Ebscohost.
Apple and Android devices: Bluefire Reader is recommended
Click here to access the list of eBooks in the MiraCosta Collection. You can browse in the EBSCOhost collection, Springer collection, and other databases for more titles.